HOST SCHOOL: Northridge Community High School
PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS: Bethany Christian, Bremen, Concord, Fairfield, Goshen, Jimtown, Lakeland, Northridge, NorthWood, Prairie Heights, West Noble, Westview
LOCATION: Meadow Valley Golf Club, 57600 State Road 13, Middlebury 574-825-3422
DATE: Friday, May 31, 2019
TIME: 8:00 AM
Teams shall consist of four or five entered eligible contestants. Four low scores will count.
SNACKS AND BEVERAGES: A snack bar is available in the clubhouse. Coolers and food (teams and patrons included) are not to be brought on the premises. These may remain on the school vehicle and articles retrieved and consumed from and at that location.
COACHING: A single, identifiable coach may not have significant conversation with players while the ball is in play. Comments must be limited to encouragement, congratulations, and information on the Rules. However, coaches may have conversation and give advice to their players while the ball is not in play (i.e. ‐‐ after the player holes out and prior to teeing off on the next hole) or the player will be penalized 2 strokes. Rule 8‐Advice in the Rules of Golf is in effect for all levels of IHSAA tournament golf series giving each team the authority to appoint one coach that may give advice to members of that team. In addition, Local Rule 33‐1/11.5 is in effect clarifying that during the stipulated round, the coach is a part of the competitor’s side and is not considered an outside agency.
SPECTATORS: Spectators and non‐participants may be permitted on the course during a tournament provided they do not have significant conversation with the participants and do not violate Rule 8 – Advice. Comments must be limited to encouragement and congratulations. Spectators should NOT give information on the Rules.
PRACTICE ROUNDS, RANGE, and CART INFORMATION: Arrangements must be made with Pro Shop: 574-825-3422
- The cost for practice round with carts is $27 for 18 and $16 for 9.
- The Range cost is $20.00 per team on day of event.
- Practice Rounds are $7.00 for nine holes and $11.00 for 18 holes walking.
- Please bring a check, made out to Meadow Valley Golf Club, to cover these costs.
- TEAMS MUST ARRIVE TOGETHER AND HAVE ADULT SUPERVISION.
- Coaches of teams only will have use of a cart the day of Sectionals.
RULES: Rules: U.S.G.A. with local rules will apply.
ADVANCEMENT – SECTIONALS TO REGIONALS
- Top 3 teams who post a team score plus. Ties for top 3 teams must be resolved in order to advance
- Top 3 low individuals, excluding those individuals who advance with a team. Ties for 3rd place must be played off in order to advance.
* Tiebreaker procedure can be found on page 37 of the 2018-19 IHSAA Spring Bulletin.
- Contestants shall not use caddies or electric carts. Pull carts may be used. Spectator carts are $20 per cart
- Cellular phones are prohibited on the golf course. MP3 players shall not be used in the regular season or during tournament play
- Contestants must wear a shirt with a collar, no denim