2020 IHSAA BOYS SWIM SECTIONAL
Location: Concord High School
Sectional Teams: Angola, Concord, DeKalb, East Noble, Elkhart Central, Elkhart Memorial, Fremont, Goshen, Jimtown, Northridge, NorthWood, Wawasee
Dates and Times:
Thursday, February 20: Swimming Prelims 6:00 PM (Spectator doors open at 5:00 PM)
Saturday, February 22: Diving Prelims 9:00 AM (Spectator doors open at 8:00 AM). The gallery will be cleared of all spectators and belongings between Diving Prelims and Swimming and Diving Finals.
Saturday, February 22: Swimming & Diving Championship Finals 1:00 PM (Spectator doors open at 12:00 PM)
Spectator Parking: Spectators should park in the student parking lot and enter through Door #21 (Aquatic Center/Fitness Performance Center entrance).
Admission: Season Ticket: $10.00 Session Ticket: $6.00 Pre-School children: No charge
Only team members and managers are permitted on deck. Girls swim team members need to pay admission and sit in the stands for all sessions (including diving).
Restrictions: Banners, balloons, body paint, shakers on a stick, or posters, etc. are NOT permitted. Noise makers such as cowbells and other noise devices, etc. are not permitted. Radios, ipods, mp3 players, etc. are permitted in the pool area provided earphones are used.
Concessions: A concession stand will be open for all sessions and is located in the McCuen Gym hallway.
Scoring: Individual 20 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 9 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Relays 40 34 32 30 28 26 24 22 18 14 12 10 8 6 4 2
Awards: The sectional championship trophy will be presented to the winning team immediately following the 400 yard freestyle relay on Saturday. Individual ribbons will be presented to the top 8 finishers immediately following the championship heat in each event. The announcer will recognize the top 16 swimmers in each event. As the top 8 swimmers are introduced, they will proceed to the awards platform and receive their ribbons.
Qualifying for the State Meet:
- First place sectional winners in each event, plus
- Any contestant who equals or betters the state standard in their respective event in the championship or consolation finals of the sectional. (The state standard may not be achieved by a swimmer who is competing as the first leg of a relay.) plus
- The next fastest number of contestants in the state to bring the total number of entrants to 32 in each event. In the event a tie exists for the 32nd position, the entrant shall be determined by the fastest preliminary time of both swimmers. If preliminary times are identical, both swimmers shall advance.
- First through fourth place sectional finishers will qualify the diving regional.
- First through eighth place regional finishers will qualify for the state finals.
- Mishawaka High School will host the diving regional on Tuesday, February 25th at 6:00 PM. $5.00 admission charge.