Information from Concord Athletics on COVID-19 as of Thursday, March 19 at 4:00 PM.
- All Concord Community Schools buildings and offices will be closed to students and staff through at least Friday, May 1 as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- All athletic practices, contests, and other extracurricular activities are also canceled during this time.
- All school facilities (both inside and outside) are closed for student and public use through at least May 1.
- All face-to-face contact between athletes and coaches is prohibited. Further, in an effort to encourage social distancing, coaches will not organize or encourage practices or other team gatherings outside of school.
- The Fall Athletic Awards Program scheduled for Monday, March 30 is postponed indefinitely. We will communicate details at a later time as to the status of this program.
- School Physical Night which was scheduled for April 15 has been postponed indefinitely. We will attempt to reschedule this once we are back in school.
- Below is a status update on the requirements for each sport upon return, per the IHSAA.
- All spring sports are under the rules of “during the school year, out-of-season” from now until May 1. Athletes, please contact your coach prior to participating in any organized activity in your sport between now and May 1 to ensure you don’t violate this rule.
- If we return to school on May 4, the IHSAA has indicated that the number of practices required for each sport before a contest shall be five. Therefore, if the current date projection holds true, the first available contest date in each sport would be Saturday, May 9.
- This situation is obviously evolving rapidly and is subject to change. We will do our best to keep you up to date with additional information. We encourage you to follow us on Twitter @cminutemen for the most up to date information.
- These are extraordinary times. We are sure everyone hopes this is over as quickly as possible. As such, we encourage each of you to follow the directives of local health officials as closely as possible.
Stay safe and stay well!