On Thursday, April 2, 2020, the State Superintendent of Public Instruction and Governor of Indiana ordered all Indiana schools to remain closed for in-person instruction for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year. Soon after that announcement, the IHSAA announced that all 2020 spring sports are canceled as well.
In light of the above announcement, the Concord Athletic Department is working to develop plans to move forward, with the safety and well-being of our athletes continuing to be our number one concern. Coaches have been encouraged to be in regular with contact with athletes to check on their well-being and communicate any individual workouts students can do at home, as well as any other sport-specific information.
The following guidelines continue to be in place:
- All athletic practices, contests, and other extracurricular activities are canceled through at least June 30.
- All school facilities (both inside and outside) are closed for student and public use until at least June 30.
- All face-to-face contact between athletes and coaches is prohibited. Further, in an effort to encourage physical distancing, coaches will not organize or encourage practices or other team gatherings outside of school.
- This situation is obviously evolving rapidly. We will do our best to keep you up to date with additional information. We encourage you to follow us on Twitter @cminutemen for the most up to date information.
- These are extraordinary times. We are sure everyone hopes this is over as quickly as possible. As such, we encourage each of you to follow the directives of local health officials as closely as possible.
Stay safe and stay well!