Each year, members of the CHS coaching staff nominate and vote for a male and female athlete of the year. The
winners can come from any grade and any sport. Coaches consider factors such as overall athletic ability, attitude, academic achievement, being a good teammate, participation in other sports and school activities, and a host of other factors.
This is the most prestigious annual award presented by the Concord Athletic Department other than Hall of Fame Induction.
The recipients of this award can be the same people as the Kiwanis Athletes of the Year, or they can be different.
This year’s Concord Female Athlete of the Year is Sydney Simon!
Sydney will graduate with 12 varsity letters.
- 4 in Girls Cross Country
- 4 in Girls Basketball
- 4 in Girls Track
Other accomplishments & activities:
- Scholar athlete all four years
- NLC All-Conference Academic Team as a senior
- Outstanding Athlete Award (9+ career letters)
- Member of National Honor Society
- Potters Marathon participant
- GPA of 4.07 ranks her 17th in her class of 344